The Institute provides year-round English classes divided in 8-week cycles totaling 60 instructional hours. Each cycle includes daytime and evening classes at three instructional levels (beginners, intermediate, and advanced). Please check our current cycle for more information.
Frequently asked questions
1. Who are our students?
Our students come from a broad array of countries and backgrounds. They are adult refugees, immigrants and asylees living in the 5 boroughs of New York City.
2. I would like to register for the IIC English program. What should I do?
Please contact us by phone at 212-421-9538 or send us an email at email@example.com and one of our program coordinators will be in touch. We’ll be happy to set up an appointment and let you know what you need to do to enroll. Please make sure you bring all the required documents for the appointment.
3. I do not speak English. Does the IIC team speak any other language?
Of course! We have French, Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, Polish and Chinese speakers on our team.
4. What levels do your offer in your English classes?
We provide beginner, intermediate and advanced English classes, from qualified ESL teachers.
5. What do I need to bring to class?
Just a notebook and a pen will be needed.
6. How many people are enrolled in each class?
We do not enroll more than 15 students per class.